This publication Is the official journal of the Division on career development and Transition and is published twice a year. This publication is distributed only to members of DCDT. It presents various articles and position papers dealing with the latest research activities, model programs and issues pertaining to career development and transition. Co-Editors: David Test and Bob Algozzine
CDEI Online Instructions
DCDT Network Newsletters
The Network is published three times a year and distributed to all members of our organization.
DCDT Fast Fact Sheets:
The Division on Career Development and Transition (DCDT) and the Transition Coalition have collected and disseminated these tips in an effort to enhance public access to information about transition activities. Our intention is to provide resources that are current and accurate. We do not endorse or promote any of the products, Web sites, or ideas presented in the tips. Although every attempt is made to ensure the accuracy of this information, we can make no guarantees. Please credit the source when copying all or part of this material.
DCDT Brochure DCDT Brochure
“The Transition of Youth With disabilities to Adult Life: A position statement of the Division on Career Development and Transition” (pdf)
Halpern, A.S. (1994). Career Development for Exceptional Individuals, 17(2), 115-124.
Clark, G.M., Field, S., Patton, J.R., Brolin, D.E., & Sitlington, P.L. (1994). Career Development For Exceptional Individuals, 17(2), 125-134.
Benz, M.R., and Kochhar, C.A. (1996). Career Development For Exceptional Individuals, 19(1), 31-48.
Sitlinton, P.L., Neubert, D.A., & Leconte, P.J. (1997). Career Development For Exceptional Individuals, 20(1), 69-79.
Field, S., Martin, J., Miller, R., Ward, M. & Wehmeyer, M. (1998). Career Development for Exceptional Individuals, 21(2), 113-128.
Blalock, G., Kochhar-Bryant, C. A., Test, D. W., Kohler, P., White, W., Lehman, J., Bassett, D., & Patton, J. (2003). Career Development for Exceptional Individuals, 26, 207-226.
Trainor, A.A., Lindstrom, L., Simon-Burroughs, M., Martin, J.E., & Sorrells, A.M. (2008). Career Development for Exceptional Individuals, 31, 56-64.
DCDT Publications for Sale
The following publications are available for purchase on the CEC website with discounted prices For members.
- Transition of Secondary Students with Emotional or Behavioral Disorders — D. Cheney. (2004). #D5659.
- Aligning Transition and Standards-Based Education: Issues and Strategies — C. A. Kochhar-Bryant and D. S. Bassett. (2003). #P5526.
- The Role of Families in Secondary Transition; A Practitioner’s Facilitation Guide — D. Wandry and A. Pleet. (2003). #P5530.
- A Practical Guide for Teaching Self-Determination — S. Field, J. Martin, B. Miller, M. Ward, & M. Wehmeyer. (1997). #P5231.
- Integrating Transition Planning in the IEP Process — L.L. West, S. Corbey, A. Boyer-Stephens, B. Jones, R.J. Miller, & M. Sarkees-Wircenski. (1999). #P386S,
- Transition from School to Life: A Complete University Course for Special Educators. — J.E. Martin and P.D. Kohler. (1998). #P5321.
- Transition from School to Life: A Workshop Series for Educators and Transition Service Providers – P.D. Kohler, S. Field, M. Izzo, and J. Johnson. (1998). #P5320 (Available from Corwin Press. DCDT members receive a discount by using the priority code D7624.)
- Assess for Success: Handbook for Transition Assessment (2nd ed.) — P.L. Sitlington, D.A. Neubert, W. Begun, R.C. Lombard, & P.J. Leconte. (2007)